The Victorian Belle offers a range of amenities and services to ensure your special day is a seamless and beautiful event.
- Linens: A selection of in-house tablecloths and napkins for all service tables.
- Settings: Plating, cutlery and glassware for all food and beverage service.
- Tables & Chairs: Seating for meetings or dining inside the mansion as well as outdoors on the grounds.
- Coordination: To ensure that your event comes together smoothly, an appointment is scheduled approximately two months prior to your event with your Event Coordinator at which time we address the specific details of your event including the timeline, menu, linens, tableware, and site usage.
- Event Staff: We provide professional staffing for your event as well as setup and take-down of our facility.
- Décor: A variety of in-house table décor items are available for your selection. Our Operations Coordinator will guide you through tableware selections.
- Meeting Rooms: The Victorian Belle mansion offers ample space and private rooms for meetings, break-out sessions, etc., while the grounds and gazebo offer outdoor amenities for larger gatherings.
The Victorian Belle proudly offers exclusive, in-house catering for your dining needs. Prepared by our award winning chef, our menus offer a variety of accommodating choices. We would be happy to discuss alternative options for dietary requests or customize packages to suit your needs.
All food and beverages (except cake) are to be purchased through The Victorian Belle. NO outside food or drink (including snacks) can be brought in.
We offer a number of flexible options for beverage service at your event. From fully-hosted beer, wine, and liquor to cash bar events, we are happy to plan the best scenario for your budget.
By law, alcohol must be served in conjunction with food. All alcohol must be purchased through The Victorian Belle and no outside alcohol is permitted. You will be asked to relay this information to ALL guests.
If outside alcohol is discovered, a fine of $150 will be assessed plus corkage fee. We cannot allow anyone who goes offsite to consume alcohol to return to the venue. No one under the age of 21 may consume any alcoholic beverage. Our staff desires to ensure your special day is free of disruptions, so our event staff will kindly monitor and limit alcohol consumption to anyone consuming on premises, in accordance with the Oregon Liquor Control Commission OLCC. Please note as stated in your rental agreement, Victorian Belle may ask guests for identification to verify age and reserves the right to ask the entire party to leave if (1) a minor is consuming alcohol; 2) an adult is providing alcohol to a minor; (3) a guest or guests appears intoxicated and refuse to leave the Premises. Additionally, at your 2-month planning meeting, you will be required to acknowledge your understanding of this policy.
A 20% service charge is applied to all food and beverage charges (excluding the site rental rate and security deposit). This charge is in addition to all food, event charges and hosted bar bills, and will be based on final totals.
If you choose to serve alcohol, you will be required to provide proof of a host liquor liability insurance policy showing Victorian Belle Weddings and Events, LLC and the David Cole House LLC as an additional insured/interest for the day of your event.
The Victorian Belle’s main parking is located on either side of McClellan Street and on the West side of the mansion. In addition, both parking lots of the businesses located on the south side of McClellan Street are available for our use. We have an agreement that allows our guests to park in these lots hassle-free. An accessible ramp is available at the west entrance. Parallel parking is required on the immediate front of property on N. McClellan. A parking violation could result in a $90 parking ticket from the City of Portland.
Please note that The Victorian Belle grounds are smoke-free. Guests may smoke off-site. We ask your smoking guests to be respectful of our neighbors. Oregon State law regulates a 10ft distance from any door or window while smoking. This also applies to cigar smoke and vaping.
FURNITURE AND ANTIQUES:
The Victorian Belle is furnished with many beautiful and priceless antiques. They are on display for your enjoyment and should remain in their place before, during and after your event. We kindly ask that you or your guests and/or vendors do not move furniture or other items without speaking to your Event Coordinator first. It is also important to note that the décor may change seasonally, but will always be reflective of the period in which the mansion was built.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO NOTE:
Rice and birdseed are not permitted anywhere on The Victorian Belle property, house, or grounds due to the damage they cause to the surrounding wildlife. However, you may use bubbles anywhere outside of the mansion house! You may also use white rose petals. However, dyed rose petals or sparklers are not allowed.
The yard and gardens are here for your enjoyment, please refrain from picking or removing the beautiful flowers and foliage. Make sure to take all of your decorations and personal belongings home with you after your event. Any décor items left behind will be forfeited 48 hours after the event.
Following is a helpful list of items which are not included in your package:
- DJ / Audio equipment (microphones, receiver, sound systems, etc.)
- Decorator and Decorations Note: staples, nails and screws are not permissible. Burning candles are not allowed inside of the main house, Gazebo, porches or along the pathways due to fire codes. You may want to consider an alternative such as flickering LED lights. Remind your decorator to bring their own ladders and stools.
- Additional tents or awnings in case of inclement weather including arrangements for delivery, set-up, take down and return.
- Meeting Room Security / Personal Property Security
We are happy to provide a list of preferred vendors to assist you with additional amenities.
To reserve your date(s) and pricing structure we require the following:
- 50% of the site rental
- $250 refundable security deposit to be applied to any damages to the property, house or furniture
- $150 cleaning fee
- A signed site rental contract
The remaining balance of the site rental and all catering and add-on packages are due at the pre-event meeting scheduled two months prior to the event.
The Victorian Belle would be honored to host your special day and we hope that the information we have provided will help guide you through many of your decisions!
To schedule a tour of the mansion and grounds please call or email:
Email: [email protected]