Reception Package Details
Victorian Belle packages are more inclusive than the average venue, as outlined below. Our goal is to make your special day seamless! If you have a Wedding Planner, our Event Coordinators will work closely with your Planner to ensure your day is memorable.
RECEPTION PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- Linens: A linen tablecloth and a linen napkin at each place setting are available in a variety of colors. Linen tablecloths are provided for all service tables.
- China: All appropriate china, glassware and flatware are provided for your menu, beverage and bar selections.
- Beverages: Coffee, water and lemonade are available at all events.
- Coordination: To ensure that your event comes together smoothly, an appointment is scheduled with your Event Coordinator at which time we address the specific details of your event, including the timeline, menu, linen, accessory and professional selections.
- Event Staff: Servers and set-up/clean-up crews are provided. An Event Coordinator is appointed to your event ensuring that all details covered during your pre-event coordination appointment are carried through.
- Cake Cutting Service: Your cake will be professionally cut and plated.
- Décor: A variety of décor items are available and included in your event rental.
The Victorian Belle is proud to offer full-service, exclusive, in-house catering for your dining needs during your event at our premier facility.
All food and beverages (except cake) are to be purchased through The Victorian Belle. NO outside food or drink (including snacks) can be brought in.
FULL-SERVICE BAR (BEER AND WINE)
Bar consumption can be hosted or non-hosted. If you decide to serve alcohol to your guests, the law states you must also serve food, so be sure to look at our catering options.
All alcohol must be purchased through The Victorian Belle and no outside alcohol is permitted. You will be asked to relay this information to ALL guests.
If outside alcohol is discovered, a fine of $150 will be assessed plus corkage fee. We cannot allow anyone who goes offsite to consume alcohol to return to the venue. No one under the age of 21 may consume any alcoholic beverage. Our staff desires to ensure your special day is free of disruptions, so our event staff will kindly monitor and limit alcohol consumption to anyone consuming on premises, in accordance with the Oregon Liquor Control Commission OLCC. Please note as stated in your rental agreement, Victorian Belle may ask guests for identification to verify age and reserves the right to ask the entire party to leave if (1) a minor is consuming alcohol; 2) an adult is providing alcohol to a minor; (3) a guest or guests appears intoxicated and refuse to leave the Premises. Additionally, at your 2-month planning meeting, you will be required to acknowledge your understanding of this policy.
Service Charge: A 22% service charge is applied to all food, event charges, and hosted bar bills (excluding the site rental rate and security deposit.) This charge is in addition to all food, event charges and hosted bar bills, and will be based on final totals.
If you choose to serve alcohol, you will be required to provide proof of a host liquor liability insurance policy showing Victorian Belle Weddings and Events, LLC and the David Cole House LLC as an additional insured/interest for the day of your event.
This coverage can usually be obtained through your current insurance provider or by visiting the following websites: wedsafe.com, theeventhelper.com, or directeventinsurance.com.
The Victorian Belle’s main parking is located on either side of McClellan Street and on the West side of the mansion. In addition, both parking lots of the businesses located on the south side of McClellan Street are available for our use. We have an agreement that allows our guests to park in these lots hassle-free. We also have a wheelchair lift to accommodate our guests. Parallel parking is required on the immediate front of property on N. McClellan. A parking violation could result in a $90 parking ticket from the City of Portland.
Please note that The Victorian Belle grounds are smoke-free. Guests may smoke off-site. We ask your smoking guests to be respectful of our neighbors. Oregon State law regulates a 10ft distance from any door or window while smoking. This also applies to cigar smoke and vaping.
FURNITURE AND ANTIQUES:
The Victorian Belle is furnished with many beautiful and priceless antiques. They are all on display for your enjoyment and should remain in their place before, during and after your event. We kindly ask that you or your guests and/or vendors do not move furniture or other items without speaking to your event specialist first. It is also important to note that the décor may change seasonally.
ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO NOTE:
Rice and birdseed are not permitted anywhere on The Victorian Belle property, house, or grounds due to the damage they cause to the house and grounds. However, you can have bubbles anywhere outside of the main house! You may also use white rose petals, but please refrain from using dyed rose petals as the dye leaches onto the walkways.
The yard and gardens are there for your enjoyment, please refrain from picking or removing the beautiful flowers and foliage. Make sure you remember to take all of your decorations and personal belongings home with you after your event. Any décor items left behind will be forfeited 48 hours after the event.
Following is a helpful list of items which are not included in your package:
- DJ / Audio equipment (microphones, receiver, sound systems, etc.)
- Decorator and Decorations- Note: staples, nails and screws are not permissible. Burning candles are not allowed inside of the main house, Gazebo, porches or along the pathways due to fire codes. You may want to consider a nice alternative such as flickering lights. Burning candles are allowed outside on tables. Remind your decorator to bring their own ladders and stools.
- Additional tents or awnings in case of inclement weather including arrangements for delivery, set-up, take down and return.
- Gift Monitor
- Dressing Room Security / Personal Property Security
- Child Supervision (Children must be supervised).
The Victorian Belle does have a list of preferred vendors and would be more than happy to provide you with a list. Just let us know what you need.
To reserve your date(s) and pricing structure we require the following:
- 1/3 of the site rental
- $500 security deposit to be applied to any damages to the property, house or furniture. (This deposit is refundable based on a final inspection after the event)
- A signed site rental contract
The remaining balance of the site rental and all catering and add-on packages are due at the pre-event meeting scheduled 2 months prior to the event.
The Victorian Belle would be honored to host your special day and we hope that the information we have provided will help guide you through many of your decisions!
We love offering our guests a magical, and memorable space that will have everyone talking for years to come. Let us know what you are dreaming of, and we will make it happen!
To schedule a tour of the mansion and grounds please call or email:
Email: [email protected]